Service Line Coverage

As a homeowner you are responsible for the underground service lines that run from the city property line to your home.  These lines include your water line, electrical/telecom line and sewer line and can become costly to repair or replace.

Your standard home insurance policy does not cover you for losses due to the failure of these lines. For example if you have water damage coverage and the water line ruptures flooding your basement you might have coverage for the water damage to your basement. However the cost to repair the ruptured line would not be covered.

Most companies now offer the option to purchase an endorsement which will help to cover the costs associated with the failure of a service line.  The cost and coverage levels vary from company to company. Contact us if you wish to add the coverage to your policy.